Chinese people love fried rice. In china, there is a great variety of fried rice, which vary according to their region of production, ingredients, flavor, etc. Yangzhou Fried Rice is perhaps the most well-known one. I’m so obsessed with it. It’s very fresh and delicious. The rice in it is soft and savory. The color and taste make it really moreish!
The basic ingredients are really simple to prepare: cooked rice, eggs, scallions, fresh vegetables such as carrots, peas, and corn. You have choices to add shrimp, ham, or other vegetables to make the dish healthier and taste better.
So make sure you don’t miss this one! Make yourself and your families a delicious Yangzhou Fried Rice for dinner tonight! 🙂
Yangzhou Fried Rice
- Prep time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Serving Size: 2
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 2 cups cooked rice (preferably day old because freshly cooked rice is too sticky)
- 2 stalks scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
Step by step
- Prepare the ingredients.
- Heat oil in a saucepan, cook the eggs for 1 minute, then set aside.
- Add peas, carrots, and corn stir fry for about 2 minutes, then set aside.
- Add oil, scallions and rice, cook for 3 minutes. Make sure there is no large chunk of rice. Then add all ingredients into the saucepan, stir fry for another 2 minutes, season with salt.
- Transfer to a platter and serve immediately.