Sweet and Sour Pork with Pineapple is a very well-known Chinese dish. It is very bright and colorful, sweet and just a little sour in taste, crisp on the outside of the fried pork pieces and extremely tender inside.
Pineapple, red and green bell peppers are used in this dish as additional ingredients which complement the pork and ensure it’s not too oily.
Sweet and Sour Pork with Pineapple is not only beloved in China, but quite popular in Chinese restaurants in the United States.
Sweet and Sour Pork with Pineapple
- Prep time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Serving Size: 3
- 1 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper and 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
Step by step
- Cut pork into pieces. Prepare flour & cornstarch for later use.
- Add some cooking wine, salt and cornstarch to the pork slices. Mix together and then leave it stand for about 10 minutes.
- Prepare other ingredients: Cut pineapple into cubes and peppers into pieces.
- Roll the pork cubes in the in the flour and coat each cubes. In a wok, add oil and turn heat over medium-high heat. Add scallion slices and pork pieces. Fry pork until they are golden brown, about 3 minutes, then take them out.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add ketchup, water, soy sauce, vinegar, salt, sugar into the wok, bring to a boil and then simmer for 2 minutes. Add peppers, pineapple cubes and fried pork pieces. Stir-fry them for about 2 minute when fully coated with the sauce. Turn off the heat and transfer to a bowl.
Your Sweet and Sour Pork with Pineapple is ready to eat. Enjoy!