I tried this recipe last night, and it was awesome! We love chicken wings, and this is a very tasty way to make wings. I also love cumin, an important spice in this dish. I love its exotic and distinctive aroma. I grew up eating lots of delicious dishes made by my mother and many recipes call for the use of cumin.
Cumin beautifully complements many kinds of spices, bringing additional and distinctive aroma and flavor to a dish. The pungency of cumin is perfect for any meat like lamb, beef, or chicken. Cumin lamb is a famous hearty dish that keeps you warm, perfect for the winter season. While in the summer time, baked chicken wings with cumin is a great recipe, and the delicious wings will add so much more flavors to your summer!
The seductively high ratio of skin to meat makes wings taste good, and baking perfectly turns the skin crisp. With the special aroma and flavor cumin lends to the dish, the smell that lingers will absolutely set your mouth-watering and the taste of the wings will be simply beyond words.
Baked chicken wings with cumin is so easy to make, and even easier to make your own. Try this recipe out today!
Baked Chicken Wings with Cumin
- Prep time: 2 hours, 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 2 hours, 45 minutes
- Serving Size: 4
- 1/2 lb chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 scallions, green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Shaoxing wine
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster flavored sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
Step by step
- Slice the scallion, ginger, and red pepper very thin, and place them into a bowl. In another bowl, mix the Shaoxing wine, soy sauce, oyster flavored sauce, olive oil, ground cumin, salt, and chili powder.
- Prepare the chicken wings in a large bowl.
- Add the spice mixture on the chicken wings and mix to evenly coat the wings. Set aside to marinate 2 hours. P.S. Chicken wings can be marinated 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Remove wings from marinade and place on a baking sheet. Evenly spread the remaining spice mixture on top.
- Cook the wings in the preheated oven about 25 minutes. Then add the white sesame seeds and cumin seeds on the wings. Cook for another 5 minutes until golden brown. Transfer the wings to a platter. Serve warm and enjoy!